Saturday, August 9, 2008

Running Monodevelop 2 Alpha on Mac OS X

First preview for Mono 2.0 is released with new Monodevelop version (in alpha state). I did not expect stable work from this release, but was very surprised.

From first look, there was only one annoying bug that could be easily fixed. So, during start up I got window with following error:

Add-in error ():
GLib.GException: Unrecognized image file format
at Gdk.PixbufLoader.Write (System.Byte[] buf, UInt64 count) [0x00000]
at Gdk.PixbufLoader.Write (System.Byte[] bytes, UInt32 count) [0x00000]
at Gdk.PixbufLoader.LoadFromStream (System.IO.Stream input) [0x00000]
at Gdk.PixbufLoader.InitFromStream (System.IO.Stream stream) [0x00000]
at Gdk.PixbufLoader..ctor (System.IO.Stream stream) [0x00000]
at Gdk.Pixbuf..ctor (System.IO.Stream stream) [0x00000]
at MonoDevelop.Core.Gui.ResourceService.OnExtensionChange (System.Object sender, Mono.Addins.ExtensionNodeEventArgs args) [0x00041]
at Mono.Addins.ExtensionNode.add_ExtensionNodeChanged (Mono.Addins.ExtensionNodeEventHandler value) [0x00000]

After a bit of tweaking I found that Gettext Translation Support addin gives this nasty error. By disabling it I resolved bug issue.

No comments: